Hi there everyone!!
We’ve all heard of “New Year’s Resolutions” and probably have made quite a few in our lifetimes. And some of us have probably heard that making resolutions once a year is not enough, that we need to be more active and consistent in our goals. Yet we struggle to be as committed as those speakers who tell us to look at and evaluate our goals every week, or heaven forbid, every day!
Here are some quick thoughts as to how Summer Resolutions can be so effective…
1. Summer is half way through the year and a perfect time to reevaluate our New Year’s Resolutions
2. Summer is a time when we’re feeling grateful, excited, and free-spirited, which is a great place to be when setting goals
3. Many of us have more free time during the summer, time that our subconscious will utilize to strive for our goals, since we set them so recently
4. Many of us take long trips during the summer, allowing our minds to have extended periods of time to think, and naturally think about the goals that we have set
5. Some of us believe that goals are materialistic, and a fun-filled summer reminds us that goals of having fun, laughing, and enjoying life are as important as any other goal
6. With long days in the summer, we just might find more time to work on our goals
7. In the winter, we have just spent time with new family and friends, just ate lots of deserts at Christmas parties, may have traveled, may have an extra workload because of the holiday season, and just have spent a ton of extra money on holiday presents – it’s not the best time to set goals when we’re at our worst
8. And most importantly, remember that a “New Year’s Resolution” defaults to be checked the following year. With a “Summer’s Resolution”, we will be tempted to check our success at the end of the summer, rather than waiting another complete year.
If you’re someone who has become frustrated or resigned because of your lack of success in “New Year’s Resolutions”, try a Summer’s Resolution.
A Summer Resolution can not only make our summer, it may also make our year!
Let’s love the world together…
Danish Ahmed, blind visionary
P.S. Reply back or comment below, and let me know what your summer resolution is!